OK, so we are two weeks away from summer and it’s not what most would call soup weather, but I can eat a good bowl of soup anytime of the year.
This soup, it’s one of my all time favorite soups.
If it looks familiar, it’s because I shared it back in February over at “This Silly Girl’s Life”, where I’m a monthly contributor.
I’ve tweeked it a bit, so I’m sharing the tweeked version.
If you like tacos and nachos, you will love this soup. I always make a big pot, just so there are leftovers to eat throughout the week. It’s a hearty, fill-you-up soup, loaded with protein. Not a vegetarian? add your choice of meat. Honestly, this is more than just a soup – it’s a topper for killer nachos, burritos, enchiladas, so many possibilities.
Summer or Winter this soup is just plain good.
This may become your families favorite!
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped jalapeno
- dash of sea salt and pepper to taste
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- ⅓ cup taco seasoning
- 2 cans of 14.5 oz. fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cans of 15 oz. black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- Optional garnishes: sliced red onions, sour cream, sliced avocado, sliced jalapeno,lime wedges,and tortilla chips.
- Heat large stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, and then add in onions, garlic and chopped jalapeno and salt and pepper. Saute until onions are translucent, about 1 and a half minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer 25 to 30 minutes
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Garnish and serve with a squeeze of lime and tortilla chips.
Linked with Lou Lou Girls-Fabulous Link Party, Three Kids and a Fish-Making Memories Mondays, Cornerstone Confessions-Titus 2 Tuesday, 3GLOL-Teach Me Tuesday, Marilyn’s Treats-Wake Up Wednesday, Ducks ‘n a Row- Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop, Oh My Heartsie Girls-Wordless Wednesday, Nanna’s Wisdom-Wednesday Wisdom, Gloriously Made-Pretty Pintastic Party