Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, I've had this recipe in my head for some time now and was going to share later, but decided to share today. Made this for some friends this weekend and, OMG everyone loved it.
It's really simple and easy, there are only two ingredients that have to be cooked.
While I seasoned and sauteed the tofu,
and seasoned and sauteed the chickpeas,
I put friends to work chopping, blending and placing everything in serving dishes. Our self-serve meal was ready in no time.
Stress Free Entertaining!!!
I added the cashew sauce to balance out the heat.Print
- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas
- 1 12 oz.package firm tofu
- olive oil
- two packages of taco seasoning
- head of green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- pint of grape tomatoes, sliced
- sliced jalapeno (optional)
- ½ cup cashews, soaked
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- sliced limes, (optional)
- Soak cashews overnight or at least two hours before blending.
- Place tofu on a baking pan between paper towels and a dish cloth, place another pan on top and place a heavy object on second pan for more pressure. Do this for about 15 minutes.
- After pressing tofu, cube into 1 inch pieces.
- Season tofu with taco seasoning.
- Heat large skillet on medium heat, add about 1 ½ teaspoon olive oil to pan and saute in batches.
- After sauteing the tofu add a bit more oil to the pan, add chickpeas to the pan ans sprinkle on second package of taco seasoning and saute the chickpeas until well coated and heated.
- Chop and dice veggies and place in serving dishes.
- Rinse cashews, place in blender bowl, add water and lemon juice, blend until smooth, season with salt to taste.
- Transfer to serving container.
- Assemble bowls and dig in.
- Have fun and Enjoy!!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 297
- Sugar: 6.2
- Sodium: 359.9
- Fat: 10.1
- Saturated Fat: 1.2
- Carbohydrates: 54
- Fiber: 10.9
- Protein: 19.6