- 2 15 oz cans chickpeas
- 1 12 oz.package firm tofu
- olive oil
- two packages of taco seasoning
- head of green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- pint of grape tomatoes, sliced
- sliced jalapeno (optional)
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt to taste
- sliced limes, (optional)
- Soak cashews overnight or at least two hours before blending.
- Place tofu on a baking pan between paper towels and a dish cloth, place another pan on top and place a heavy object on second pan for more pressure. Do this for about 15 minutes.
- After pressing tofu, cube into 1 inch pieces.
- Season tofu with taco seasoning.
- Heat large skillet on medium heat, add about 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil to pan and saute in batches.
- After sauteing the tofu add a bit more oil to the pan, add chickpeas to the pan ans sprinkle on second package of taco seasoning and saute the chickpeas until well coated and heated.
- Chop and dice veggies and place in serving dishes.
- Rinse cashews, place in blender bowl, add water and lemon juice, blend until smooth, season with salt to taste.
- Transfer to serving container.
- Assemble bowls and dig in.
- Have fun and Enjoy!!
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 297
- Sugar: 6.2
- Sodium: 359.9
- Fat: 10.1
- Saturated Fat: 1.2
- Carbohydrates: 54
- Fiber: 10.9
- Protein: 19.6