What's for dinner?
I get this question a lot, and sometimes I honestly don't have a clue.
Do ever have those days when your family is asking what's for dinner and you haven't done the grocery shopping and you really don't have the desire or energy to do the grocery store thing and stand in line? This was on of those times when I opted to shop my fridge and pantry, and out of that I got this awesome dish.
Portabellas and spaghetti squash, what could I do with them? Bored with eating spaghetti squash as a replacement for pasta and stuffing portabellas with kale or eating it as a burger, I decided to put the two together and make a dish.
I took those beautiful strands, added a few other ingredients, stuffed them in some perfect portabellas and a new dish was born.
What do you think? Doesn't it look absolutely delicious, and it's not done yet.
I added some cheese and panko crumbs.
After some time in the oven, it was time to dig in and enjoy this wonderful dish with a side of salad.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach, kale and chard mix
- 4 portabella mushrooms
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons, Panko bread crumbs
- Prepare spaghetti squash using Beth's method..
- While squash is cooking clean mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Place mushrooms in a rimmed baking pan, coated with cooking spray or olive oil.
- When squash is ready,remove from oven and roast mushrooms until tender, about 20 minutes at the same temperature. Prepare squash and set aside. In large saute pan heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions to pan and saute until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add tomatoes to the pan and continue sauteing for another 3 minutes, the juice from the tomatoes will produce a bit of a sauce.
- Add in spaghetti squash and toss to combine all ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in baby spinach, when well combined, spoon spaghetti mixture onto mushroom caps, top with cheese and 1 tablespoon each of panck crumbs.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Allow to cool slightly, serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 194
- Sugar: 7.1
- Sodium: 134.8
- Fat: 9.9
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 20.7
- Fiber: 4.4
- Protein: 9.1
- Cholesterol: 18.7
Shared with Domestic Superhero - Pinworthy Projects Link Party #47, The Best Blog Recipes Link Party, Dear Creatives - Inspiration Spotlight , Little Miss Celebration - Best of The Weekend, 3 Little Greenwoods - Shoe Me Saturday Link Party, Food Faith Fitness - Show Stopper Saturday Link Party#70, Belle of the Kitchen - Saturday Night Fever Link Party #65, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Link Party #38, Cornertstone Confessions - Titus 2 Tuesday #135, Pint Sized Baker - Two Cup Tuesday #103, My NY Melrose Family Whimsy Wednesday Link Party 147