Crispy grilled on the outside and tender on the inside, these Grilled Tofu Wraps will blow you away served with a bold sesame mustard dipping sauce.
It's been a few days since my last post, it's Back to School, and that's a super busy time for me at work. But I'm back today with a recipe inspired from a recent shopping trip to Whole Foods Market. I was there picking up ingredients for blog recipes, as I about to leave I decided to get a custom made to order wrap from their sandwich bar.
There weren't a lot of options for non meat eaters other than veggies, so I chose the grilled tofu. As the sandwich maker built my wrap per my directions, one of the customers waiting their turn made a comment on how good it looked and I have to say, it was beautiful.
This week I grilled some tofu and created an even more delicious version of the wrap I had from Whole Foods, which by the way would make a perfect lunchbox addition or after school snack.
I started with some pressed firm tofu, sliced it.
Marinated the slices in a sesame mustard sauce before grilling on my countertop grill.
I grilled the tofu crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Piled it high with some of my favorite toppings.Print
Grilled Tofu Wrap
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 to 7 1x
- 2 tablespoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of sesame chili oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- 16 oz. block of extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1 pkg. large spinach tortillas
- your favorite veggie toppings, here are a few of mine
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced red onions
- sliced radishes
- baby lettuce mix
- alfalfa sprouts
- In a medium bowl mix together the mustard, tahini, coconut aminos, sesame oils, maple syrup or agave until well combined.
- Slice the pressed tofu into 3 inch long 1 inch thick pieces. Place in a dish and spoon about 4 tablespoons of sauce over tofu, toss to coat all of the tofu, cover the remaining sauce and set aside. While tofu is marinating prepare your favorite veggie toppings and prepare the grill.
- Grill tofu for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place grilled tofu in middle of tortilla and add on the toppings of your choice.
- Drizzle with a bit of the reserved marinade sauce, fold, slice and serve.
- Have fun and enjoy!!!
Marinade sauce can also be used as a dipping sauce or salad dressing.
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 76.6
- Fat: 11.2
- Saturated Fat: 2.3
- Carbohydrates: 22.1
- Fiber: 4.3
- Protein: 13
Served it with a side of dipping sauce and was blown away by the flavor. I think even the meat eaters will love this one.
Look at all that wonderful goodness!
You can also serve as a grilled tofu salad.
Wow! I love the flavor profiles here Celeste! And so many options with the mustard marinade. Pinned!
Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry says
Beautiful! I love healthy and quick lunches that aren't low on flavor.
Thanks Nicole, I'm glad you like it. This dish is definitely is high on flavor.
So yummy! You have some great vegetarian recipes, my family would love them!
I'm glad you found something you like, if you give them a try please let me know what you and your family think.
How beautiful and delicious your wraps look, Celeste! This would definitely make a quick and healthy lunch! It's always fun to co-host #OMHGWW with you! Have a beautiful weekend! =)
Thanks Christine, I hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Donna Wirthlin says
Looks so delicious, Celeste. I haven't tried grilling tofu before so will have to try:). #OMHGWW