Loaded with hearty Portobello, peppers, onions and broccoli, this Spicy Ramen Vegetable Stir-Fry is quick and easy and comes together in under 30-Minutes.
I’m someone who gets really excited about finding bargains. When I come across a great find in fashion, jewelry or shoes I want to wear it, so I’ll find a way to work it into my wardrobe.
Well the other day I found a bargain of a different kind, a grocery store bargain. Organic ramen noodles only $1.69 each on clearance. But this wasn’t the ramen in the square package from my college days, that I actually ate uncooked as a crispy snack. I stocked up! Now I had to come up with a way to fit into my weekly menu, which was really easy.
I simply used what I had on hand in my fridge, which were portobello mushrooms, super hearty with a meaty feel, peppers, onions and broccoli. The other important ingredient is the sauce. You’ve got to use a good tasty sauce to bring it all together. I used my Vegan Teriyaki Sauce which has a bit of a spicy kick. This Spicy Ramen Vegetable Stir-Fry is oh so quick and easy.
What’s nice about this dish is that you can totally make it with your favorite veggies and sauce, so versatile. Happens to be a good way to clean out your fridge. And did I mention that it’s super quick. Boil, chop, sauce, eat.
- 1 package of ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 each large red and yellow bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced into strips
- about 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Vegan Teriyaki Sauce
- toasted sesame seeds
- toasted sesame oil
- Fill a large stock pot with water and bring to a boil.
- While you are waiting on the water to come to a boil, heat a large skillet over medium heat, add oil and onions and saute about one minute. Add peppers to pan and continue to saute another 1 to 1 and half minute, add small amount of water to pan if needed to prevent food from sticking to bottom of pan. If water has come to a boil prepare noodles for two following directions on the package.
- When the peppers start to soften add the garlic and ginger to the pan, saute another minute then transfer everything in skillet to a bowl.
- Add a small amount of oil to pan if needed and add the broccoli to the pan. Saute broccoli 1 minute, add the onions and peppers back to the pan along with the vegan teriyaki sauce, toss to coat everything.
- Serve vegetables over the ramen noodles, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds. You can also sprinkle with red pepper flakes and drizzle with a small amount of toasted sesame oil just before serving if desired.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 346
- Sugar: 3.9
- Sodium: 819.6
- Fat: 15
- Saturated Fat: 4.5
- Carbohydrates: 47.3
- Fiber: 3.9
- Protein: 9.9
If you make this recipe or a version of it, take a picture and share with me on Instagram, tag it #thewholeserving or leave a comment below. I’d love to see or hear about your version of this Spicy Ramen Vegetable Stir-Fry.