Simple, easy, full of flavor and ready in minutes. This Kale Mushroom Capellini will satisfy everyone at the dinner table.
Today's recipe is for all of you who want to get a meal on the table in 30 minutes of less. I'm guessing that might be everyone.
For me pasta is comfort food, easy food and I have almost every variety in my pantry, from whole grain to gluten-free.
After a busy day there is nothing better than sitting down with a big plate of yummy paste that took less than 30 minute to make. There are only a handful of ingredients and it's not loaded with pasta sauce but full of flavor and of course you can customize the ingredients for you and your family. By the way it makes a great lunch the second day.
Capellini pronounced kapel'li ni, is slightly thicker than angel hair pasta, which is Capelli d'angelo. One of my favorite brands is Delallo because they have a large variety of pastas.
The main ingredients in this pasta are mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and kale, this is where you can customize and exclude or include ingredients that your family enjoys.
Who said getting a tasty dinner on the table had to be tasking. Just grab a box of your favorite pasta and throw together some of your families favorite veggies and before you know it dinner is on the table.
If you are a pesco vegetarian, one who eats poultry and fish, it can easily be added to this dish. Garnish with parmesan or vegan parmesan.
Kale Mushroom Capellini
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 27 mins
- 12 oz. capellini dried pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 8oz. package of whole crimini mushrooms,sliced (for faster prep you can purchase them sliced, I prefer to slice my own)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 ¼ cup vegetable stock
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 ½ to 4 cups chopped kale (you can use spinach)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking chop the onions, mince the garlic, clean and slice the mushrooms, clean and chop kale if needed, I purchased pre cut kale.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute until onions are translucent, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, mushrooms and Italian seasoning to skillet and continue to saute about 1 minute longer.
- Add one cup of the vegetable stock and tomato paste to skillet, whisk (Affiliate Link) to combine, add in the sun-dried tomatoes and kale, reduce heat and simmer 3 to 5 minutes. Kale should be soft and wilted. Add in the remaining vegetable stock.
- Carefully drain pasta and add to the skillet, toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add in the red pepper, toss, garnish.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1.5
- Calories: 187
- Sugar: 4.2
- Sodium: 76.7
- Fat: 3.6
- Saturated Fat: 0.5
- Carbohydrates: 33.1
- Fiber: 3.1
- Protein: 7
- Cholesterol: 0
Shared at Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural Party Hop
Oh my, this looks amazing! Pinning it to my Dinner Recipe Board, thank you so much for sharing this appetizing recipe!
Thanks, Be sure to have fun and enjoy!!!
Lauren @ Ease and Carrots says
What a pretty dish - and these flavors sound amazing together! Yum!
This dish passed my picky eater test. My daughter who is super picky loved it.
Thanks Lauren for visiting and please enjoy the dish.
Great looking dish Celeste! Thanks for linking up to Merry Monday! Yummed & Pinned! Have a great week!
Thanks for visiting Kim and for the Pin.
This looks AMAZING!! Something to make for myself but instead of pasta I'll try spaghetti squash. Hoping it works out as well as it did for you. Thanks for sharing.
~Sarah-Ann @ Living Intentionally Simple
Hi Sarah-Ann, I'm sure it will work just as well. If you like this, you may like this one https://thewholeserving.com/spaghetti-squash-stuffed-portabellas/
Thanks for visiting.
Carrie Groneman says
Oh, my word does this look good!!! Thanks for sharing such a fabulous recipe. I can't wait to try it and your photography is beautiful too.
Such a fantastic dish! It looks amazing and super delicious
Thank you Winnie, I hope you give it a try.
Lou Lou Girls says
Yum! I'm drooling right now! Pinned and tweeted! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at our linky party. We hope to see you next Monday @ 7 because we can't wait to see your new creations! Happy Wednesday! Lou Lou Girls
Thanks, I'll be there. Thanks for hosting.#FabulousParty
Silly Mummy says
This looks so nice! I love pasta dishes, and must remember this one! #WAYWOW
This looks like a great family meal! I love that you incorporated kale into it! I can never get the boys to eat kale so maybe this might do the trick, thanks for sharing #YumTum
Mary-the boondocks blog says
Celeste this looks unbelievably tastey! I am such a pasta fanatic. Have always loved it and the capellini is perfect with the veggies. Thanks for sharing your great recipe
Thanks Mary, I hope you have a chance to make this soon.
Kim Cunningham says
Looks like a tasty and satisfying meal!
Celeste, pasta for us is a meal we have often. With our varied diets, gluten-free and vegetarian, pasta is our saving grace. We have gluten free pasta and toss it with all types of veggies, herbs, beans. For those who eat meat we add it at the end. It is a great filling meal with tons of flavor. I really need to grab some kale next time I'm at the store, you have so many recipes that look so delicious and kale plays a starring role. We often use spinach but I really would like to try the kale. You've inspired me.
We add the chicken at the end at my house, my daughter is a big chicken eater. That way everyone is happy.
handmade by amalia says
I came over from Amy's blog party and enjoyed making the recipe. I didn't have pasta so I made it with rice and it was delicious. Thanks for sharing.
That's wonderful! It's nice to know when someone makes one of my recipes and enjoys it.