I’ve been so loving watermelon lately!
I wanted more than just plain sliced melon, and I’ve had this recipe in my head for a few weeks, so I finally put it on a plate.
Quick and simple, take plain sliced watermelon slices,
Toasted coconut chips, I took mine off before every chip was brown, I didn’t want it to burn.
Sweet balsamic glaze,
and end up with this beautiful, delicious dish.
The sweetness of the watermelon, mixed with the tart flavor of the glaze, satisfies that salty-sweet craving I get sometimes. I normally use purchased glaze, but this time I made my own. Most glaze recipes use brown or white sugar, but I used maple syrup to keep it vegan.
Add these watermelon wedges on top of a bed of greens and it makes a nice salad, serve after dinner for a healthy dessert or eat anytime you need a tasty snack.Print
- 1 and 1/2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut chips
- 1 medium watermelon, sliced in wedges
- Add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a very low simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Cook until liquid has reduced by half and coats the back of spoon.
- Pour into glass serving dish or jar, set aside and allow to cool.
- Sprinkle coconut chips into a large non-stick dry skillet and place over med heat.
- Stir coconut chips as they start to brown.
- When most of the chips are golden remove from heat and transfer to storage container.
- Assemble watermelon slices on serving platter or plates.
- Drizzle on glaze, sprinkle with coconut chips and serve.
- Category: Snack
This post was shared on Tasty Tuesday’s at New Mrs Adventures.