I woke up with a craving for pumpkin pancakes Sunday, pulled out all the ingredients, only to realize I didn’t have any almond milk. How could that happen, I always have almond milk. It was decision time, do I go to the store to get more milk or change the breakfast menu, then it hit me, I’ll make banana milk.
What’s banana milk? Well, you mix one banana with one cup of filtered water and blend until smooth, add more water if you want a thin milk. Simple and easy, it fixed my problem and made some super tasty pancakes.
These are perfect for a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning and for the upcoming holiday get-togethers.
I did it again, another GIF. What can I say, I like pouring syrup.
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Wet Ingredients
- 1 banana
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted Earth Balance, coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together.
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients together, slowly mix the dry into the wet and mix until all combined.
- If you are using a dispenser bottle, transfer batter to bottle.
- Brush preheated griddle or skillet with oil or spray with cooking oil.
- Squeeze or spoon 3 tablespoons of batter on griddle or skillet.
- Allow to cook for 30 to 40 seconds on one side, bubbles will appear.
- Flip and allow to cook on other side.
- Serve with sliced bananas and maple syrup.
- Add chopped nuts if you like.
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 9.6g
- Sodium: 399.7mg
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 37.3g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 0
Shared with New Mrs Adventures-Tasty Tuesday, Lou Lou Girls-Fabulous Party, Pint Sized Baker, Inside Bru Crew Life, Little Miss Celebration- Best of The Weekend Party, Food Faith Fitness-Show Stopper Saturday Link Party, Belle of the Kitchen-Saturday Night Fever Link Party