I woke up with a craving for pumpkin pancakes Sunday, pulled out all the ingredients, only to realize I didn't have any almond milk. How could that happen, I always have almond milk. It was decision time, do I go to the store to get more milk or change the breakfast menu, then it hit me, I'll make banana milk.
What's banana milk? Well, you mix one banana with one cup of filtered water and blend until smooth, add more water if you want a thin milk. Simple and easy, it fixed my problem and made some super tasty pancakes.
The banana milk gives these pancakes a subtle banana flavor and it's OMG good with pumpkin. Give them a try, and let me know what you think.
These are perfect for a lazy Saturday or Sunday morning and for the upcoming holiday get-togethers.
I did it again, another GIF. What can I say, I like pouring syrup.
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Dry Ingredients
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Wet Ingredients
- 1 banana
- 1 cup filtered water
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted Earth Balance, coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk (Affiliate Link) together.
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients together, slowly mix the dry into the wet and mix until all combined.
- If you are using a dispenser bottle, transfer batter to bottle.
- Brush preheated griddle or skillet with oil or spray with cooking oil.
- Squeeze or spoon 3 tablespoons of batter on griddle or skillet.
- Allow to cook for 30 to 40 seconds on one side, bubbles will appear.
- Flip and allow to cook on other side.
- Serve with sliced bananas and maple syrup.
- Add chopped nuts if you like.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 223
- Sugar: 9.6g
- Sodium: 399.7mg
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 37.3g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 0
Shared with New Mrs Adventures-Tasty Tuesday, Lou Lou Girls-Fabulous Party, Pint Sized Baker, Inside Bru Crew Life, Little Miss Celebration- Best of The Weekend Party, Food Faith Fitness-Show Stopper Saturday Link Party, Belle of the Kitchen-Saturday Night Fever Link Party
This recipe sounds delicious, and The pancakes look beautiful, and I'd like to try it. How many servings? How much batter should be used for each pancake? What are the calories in each serving? This recipe might be used more if this information was published. Can you provide that for me? Thanks so much,
Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I have updated the nutritional info to this recipe. The amount of batter I used when making these pancakes was about 3 tablespoons per pancake. I hope this helps.
Lou Lou Girls says
Hello sweet lady! This looks incredible. Pinned. We appreciate you taking the time to party with us. We hope to see you on Monday at 7 pm. We love partying with you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
Happy Sunday! Lou Lou Girls
Ceara @ Ceara's Kitchen says
These sounds wonderful - I love the idea of banana milk and LOVE the combo of pancakes and banana!! I am happy to have come across your delicious blog! Pinned!!
Thanks so much, I stopped by your blog and saw quite a few tasty recipes I'll have to give a try.
Tiffani Terry says