It’s starting to heat up a bit here in Texas and this strawberry infused lemonade is the answer, it’s a healthier version of the sugar loaded lemonade.
I have always infused my water with citrus and sometimes mint, but lately I have become obsessed with infusing with berries and other herds like basil and rosemary.
It’s amazing how something so simple, yields so much flavor overnight. I’m sure there is a time and place for longer infusion times, like infused liquors, I’ll have one of those to share with you later.
This is the perfect recipe for your July 4th gathering, no one will miss the sugar.
This is such a beautiful drink, and if you like, add spirits to make it an adult drink.Print
Tart, refreshing summer beverage.
- 4 cups of filtered water
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 and 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice, about 10 lemons
- 1 and 1/4 cups of fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 lemon, sliced in circles
- frozen blueberries
- Pour the water into a large glass pitcher, add the agave and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice, mix well.
- Pour in sliced strawberries and sliced lemons, stir, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, pour lemonade into a serving pitcher using a fine strainer.
- Serve with sliced strawberries and frozen blueberries.
- To make this an adult drink add the spirit of your choice.
- Have fun and enjoy!
- Category: Beverage