I’m so looking forward to the holidays!
I’m a Georgia girl living in Texas, and because of my work schedule I rarely get to be with my Georgia family on Thanksgiving, but lucky for me I have a brother who lives in the area, and his house is where everyone gathers.
We all bring a side dish, I haven’t yet confirmed my side, but this carrot side might just be the one.
Such a simple and easy recipe, but the flavor is far from simple. The rosemary and thyme add complexity to the smooth and creamy texture.
The aroma, oh my the aroma that fill the house, takes me back to my childhood days in Georgia. My mother used herbs during the holidays more than any other time of the year, so now when I smell rosemary, thyme and sage it takes me back to childhood holidays.
When guest see this dish they may think sweet potatoes, so give them fair warning before their first bite.
If you’re making this dish for a large group, it can easily be doubled, as well as made ahead a day or two.
Happy Holiday Cooking!
- 1 lb. baby carrots
- 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 inch sprigs of rosemary ant thyme
- 3 tablespoons room temperature Earth Balance Vegan butter
- 1/4 cup plain almond milk
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place carrots, potatoes and sprigs in large pot of cold water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender.
- While carrots cook, chop herbs and set aside.
- Drain, remove sprigs and allow to cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to food processor, add Earth Balance, milk and oil.
- Process until smooth, transfer to a large bowl, stir in herbs.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving dish, keep warm until ready to serve.
- Category: Vegetsble
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 166
- Sugar: 4.4
- Sodium: 70.2
- Fat: 9.4
- Saturated Fat: 6.7
- Carbohydrates: 19.5
- Fiber: 4.1
- Protein: 2.1
- Cholesterol: 0
Shared with Our Three Peas-Wined Down Wednesday, Lou Lou Girls-Fabulous Link Party, New Mrs. Adventures-Tasty Tuesdays, Pint Sized Baker, Inside Bru Crew Life, Yesterfood-Treasure Box Tuesday, The Best Blog Recipes-Weekend Re-Treat Link Party#93, Joyful Healthy Eats-Show Stopper Saturday Link Party, Be Different Act Normal-Show & Tell Saturday Link Party