Roasted Tomatillo and Tomato Salsa- Bold with flavor and so easy to make and that's a good thing, because your guest will fall in love with this salas.
Chop, Roast, Mix, Serve and by all means Enjoy!
I have to confess, I've been known to consume a bowl full of this for lunch on occasion. It's good stuff and oh so hard to resist. When you think about it, it's like having a bowl of soup. It's low fat, high fiber and filled with phytochemicals that help fight against cancer and you'll get your fill of vitamin A and C while consuming this tasty salsa.
Another great thing about this salsa, it's easy to make.
Chop and Roast.
You may want to make several batches, it won't last long. Makes batches so you're never without or take along and add some Super to any Super Bowl Party!Print
- 10 tomatillos
- 1 lb on-the-vine pearl tomatoes
- 2 large anaheim peppers, chopped
- 5 jalapeno peppers
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon, red pepper flakes or powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅔ cup cilantro, leaves only
- juice of one small lime
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Slice tomatillos and pearl tomatoes in half and place on a large shallow roasting pan.
- Slice and remove seeds from the anaheim peppers and add to the tomatillos and tomatoes.
- Slice three of the jalapenos and remove seeds if you want a milder salsa, add to roasting pan.
- Add the chopped onions to the pan.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss to coat.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, ingredients should be soft, but not overly cooked.
- Allow ingredients to cool slightly before transferring to food processor or blender.
- Slice remaining jalapenos and add to processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and process 10 to 20 seconds or until the salsa reaches a texture of your liking.
- Taste and add more seasoning if needed. This is the time to add more red pepper flakes or powder if you want a hotter salsa.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve.
- Serving Size: 4 Tbsp
- Calories: 50
- Sugar: 3.9
- Sodium: 257.6
- Fat: 2.4
- Saturated Fat: 0.3
- Carbohydrates: 7.3
- Fiber: 2.1
- Protein: 1.3
- Cholesterol: 0
If you make this recipe or a version of it, take a picture and share with me on Instagram, tag it #thewholeserving or leave a comment below. I’d love to see or hear about your version of this Roasted Tomatillo & Tomato Salsa.
Shared with Life is Fantasmic