- 10 tomatillos
- 1 lb on-the-vine pearl tomatoes
- 2 large anaheim peppers, chopped
- 5 jalapeno peppers
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon, red pepper flakes or powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup cilantro, leaves only
- juice of one small lime
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Slice tomatillos and pearl tomatoes in half and place on a large shallow roasting pan.
- Slice and remove seeds from the anaheim peppers and add to the tomatillos and tomatoes.
- Slice three of the jalapenos and remove seeds if you want a milder salsa, add to roasting pan.
- Add the chopped onions to the pan.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss to coat.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, ingredients should be soft, but not overly cooked.
- Allow ingredients to cool slightly before transferring to food processor or blender.
- Slice remaining jalapenos and add to processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and process 10 to 20 seconds or until the salsa reaches a texture of your liking.
- Taste and add more seasoning if needed. This is the time to add more red pepper flakes or powder if you want a hotter salsa.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve.
- Serving Size: 4 Tbsp
- Calories: 50
- Sugar: 3.9
- Sodium: 257.6
- Fat: 2.4
- Saturated Fat: 0.3
- Carbohydrates: 7.3
- Fiber: 2.1
- Protein: 1.3
- Cholesterol: 0