Delicate, delicious and oh-so easy! This Lemon Caper Pasta with Grape Tomatoes can be on the table in less than thirty minutes, perfect when you need a meal fast.
So the kids are on summer vacation and your life just got crazy busy, right?
What am I talking about it doesn't matter what time of the year, we’re always busy, just a different kind of busy.
During the school year there’s school, after school activities, and family get-togethers, then summer brings vacations, summer activities and loads of outdoor gatherings.
Life’s just busy.
In all of that busyness it’s nice when you can put a quick, easy and delicious meal on the table.
This Lemon Caper Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes is that super easy dish you can put together in minutes, light and fresh, perfect for summer.
Pasta doesn't have to loaded with heavy sauces. The combination of olive oil, lemon juice, wine and pasta water creates a delicate, delicious sauce.
By the way, if you want to cut the carbs this sauce would be great over zoodles.
Lemon Caper Pasta with Grape Tomatoes
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 cups 1x
- 8 ounces of spaghetti pasta
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of one lemon, about 2 tablespoons
- ¼ cup dry white wine or vegetable stock
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- salt to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped & extra for garnishing
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add shallots and garlic to skillet and sauté until fragrant, about 30 to 40 seconds.
- Add lemon juice, wine or vegetable stock, reserved pasta water and capers, reduce heat and simmer until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet and toss to coat, remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl or if you prefer serve from skillet.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Toss in the tomatoes, parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately.
If you make this recipe tag @thewholeserving on Instagram and hashtag it #thewholeserving, I want to see your version of Lemon Caper Pasta with Grape Tomatoes.
Celeste this looks so delicious and healthy. I am a big pasta eater and always looking for new ways to make it. This is definitely going to be pinned. I hope you have been well!
Thanks Mary! I have been very busy but I am doing well. I miss being a part of the group, but life is just so busy right now, I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to complete all the task.
Looks like a perfect, quick weeknight meal! Will be trying this week. Thanks!
Steph I'm glad you like this recipe, it is super easy and so delicious.