- 8 ounces of spaghetti pasta
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of one lemon, about 2 tablespoons
- ¼ cup dry white wine or vegetable stock
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- salt to taste
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped & extra for garnishing
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add shallots and garlic to skillet and sauté until fragrant, about 30 to 40 seconds.
- Add lemon juice, wine or vegetable stock, reserved pasta water and capers, reduce heat and simmer until sauce starts to thicken.
- Add cooked pasta to skillet and toss to coat, remove from heat and transfer to serving bowl or if you prefer serve from skillet.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Toss in the tomatoes, parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately.