As a food blogger testing and retesting a recipe is very important before sharing, and sometimes there are leftovers, lots of leftovers. So after making the Vegan Dressing with Barley, I had some leftover bread and herbs, so I turned that bread into these tasty croutons.
The aroma of the herbs permeated the house drawing my daughter the taste-tester to the kitchen, before I knew it half the pan was gone. “These make a great snack”, were her words.
What’s so great about this recipe is, it’s super easy and quick!
If you don’t have any old bread around, go buy a loaf of french bread, wait a day or two and give this recipe a try. You might just give up boxed croutons forever.
Impress your family and friends, heck, impress yourself. Give it a try!
- 5 cups, cubed day old french bread or bread of choice
- 1 tablespoon, chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon, chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon, chopped sage
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Placed cubed bread into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together herbs and olive oil.
- Drizzle olive oil mixture over cubed bread.
- Toss, using your hands to coat bread, transfer to shallow baking pan and sprinkle on salt.
- Bake in oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until cubes are crisp.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
- If there is any left store in airtight container and use within a week or two.