On most days you can find me starting my day off with the power of the greens,by way of a nutrient packed green smoothie,but sometimes I like to trade the green for some grange. This drink is loaded with vitamins and nutrients that keeps a body strong, which is important during the busy holiday, cold and flu season. Carrot
- One of the richest source of beta-carotene, which helps fight against cancers.
- Has vitamin A, that helps the retina of the eyes to function, vitamin A will not help you see better, but the antioxidant properties may help prevent cataracts and keep the eyes healthy.
- Loaded with minerals from growing deep in the soil, (best to eat organic).
- Cleanse and helps restore the liver.
- Great source of B vitamins for energy.
- Helps to hydrate the body, it’s 95% water.
- Helps to eliminate toxins from the body.
- The magnesium and potassium may help lower blood pressure.
- Contains cancer fighting lignans – lariciresinol, pinoresinol, and secoisolariciresinol, strongly connected to reducing breast, prostate, uterine and ovarian cancer.
- Fiber rich.
- Vitamin C
- The antioxidant quercetin aids in endurance,because it helps make oxygen more available to the lungs.
- High in vitamin K.
- Has anti-inflammatory benefits, especially in the digestive tract.
- Has protein and fiber and is high in beta carotene, vitamin k, c, lutein, zeaxanthin and calcium.
- Contains sulforaphane, especially when chopped or minced. Sulforaphane is a chemical with strong anti-cancer properties.
- Strong antibacterial, antiviral and immune boosting.
- Aids in digestion and helps to cleanse the liver.