I'm not big on buying boxed cereal, especially since most of it turns into half eaten box of hard as rocks, stale mess that ends up in the trash.
This weekend, I finally put together a granola cereal that's been in my head for a while now, it's protein packed and refined sugar-free.
Oats, nuts, seeds and berries, mixed together for delicious goodness.
It's super simple and easy, just mix, roast and mix some more and you'll have one of the best granola cereals around.
Who says it's only for breakfast, this was my dinner last night. The perfect no cook dinner after a long day. For those of you who don't know, I'm a Center Director of an Early Learning Center, by day, and last night a parent with car trouble made my long day even longer, can't leave until the last child leaves. On my 30 minute ride home all I could think of was diving into a bowl or two of this Cinnamon Spice Granola and a side of fruit.It waaas perfect!
Oh so many ways to enjoy
- served with milk of your choice, I use almond.
- over yogurt or fruit
- alone as a snack
- over ice cream
- with your favorite nut butter
- after a good workout
- Dry Ingredients
- 2 cups oats
- ½ cup pepitas
- ½ cup walnuts, rough chopped
- ½ cup almonds, rough chopped
- ½ cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1 cup coconut chips or flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon allspice powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Wet Ingredients
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add-in Ingredients
- ½ cup dried cranberries or raisins
- ½ cup goji berries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a smaller bowl mix the wet ingredients.
- Pour syrup mixture over dry ingredients, and mix until all dry ingredients are coated.
- Pour into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes, stirring every ten minutes until granola is lightly toasted, if you want a darker granola, leave in oven a bit longer.
- Remove from oven an allow to cool completely.
- Transfer to large bowl, add in dried cranberries and goji berries and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container, a mason jar is perfect for storing your granola.
- It should keep for two to three week, that's if it last that long.
- Serving Size: ⅔ cup
- Calories: 399
- Sugar: 18.9
- Sodium: 81.1
- Fat: 17.4
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 52.5
- Fiber: 7.7
- Protein: 12.9
- Cholesterol: 0