Simple and easy!
Yes, this is a simple, easy, not your everyday ordinary salad.
The out of ordinary in the salad is Asian sweet potato, yummy roasted Asian sweet potato. There are many varieties of sweet potatoes, with skin colors from white, yellow, red, purple and brown, and the flesh range from white, orange, reddish-orange and yellow. Sweet potatoes are classified as either soft or firm and this Asian sweet potato is firm, which makes it perfect for tossing in salads. I tossed with seasoning and light olive oil and roasted in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. I like crispy potatoes so I roasted just a bit longer.
I love all varieties of sweet potatoes, firm or soft, they are simply good for you. Here are a few facts about this nutrient dense vegetable.
- Good source of protein
- Good source of fiber and carbohydrate for energy
- Low in fat
- Has vitamin c, B6, thiamine, and pantothenic acid
- Contains potassium, copper and manganese
It's a good thing when taste good is also good for you!
It could not be easier, I just tossed the potatoes on a bed of greens, sprinkled on a few sliced almonds and drizzled with balsamic glaze. I had to make myself a second salad, cause the first one just wasn't big enough. Smooth creamy potato, crisp salad greens and sweet and tart glaze, oh so good, you have got to give this one a try.Print
- 2 to 3 medium Asian sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of light olive oil
- Weber roasted garlic & herb seasoning
- 1 5oz. bag of mixed salad greens
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- Vegan balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes into 1 or 2 inch cubes.
- Place potatoes onto a baking pan.
- Drizzle with light olive oil and sprinkle on seasoning, toss to coat.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until fork tender, tossing halfway through baking time.
- Allow potatoes to cool a bit.
- While potatoes are cooling, place greens onto plates.
- Sprinkle on warm potatoes, sliced almonds and drizzle with glaze.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Salad