I have to admit, parsnips is not a vegetable that is a regular in my vegetarian diet, so when I saw them today I decided to break away from my same old, same old, and add them to my shopping cart, at a 100 calories a cup, it's a smart choice.
Roasted Parsnips and Carrots
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and brush large baking sheet with a little olive oil or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl toss dry parsnips and carrots with extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle on smoked paprika and season with cracked black pepper and sea salt.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with minced garlic, stir vegetables and roast another 5 to 10 minutes.
- While parsnips and carrots are roasting, mix ranch dressing, lemon juice and smoked paprika.
- Remove from oven and toss with all but 2 tablespoons of parmesan and parsley.
- Transfer to serving platter, sprinkle on remaining parmesan and parsley.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!