Creamy Vegan Broccoli Soup
2 heads of broccoli, cut into florets
½ head cauliflower, cut into florets
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, diced
1 teaspoon herb de provence
1 13.5 oz. can of cannellini beans
1 ½ to 2 cups vegetable broth, (use filtered water if you don't have vegetable broth)
½ cup coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons, nutritional yeast
1 ¼ cups fried onions
- Bring 6 cups of water in a large stockpot to a boil, add the broccoli and cauliflower in batches, cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until tender. Remove from pot and set aside for later.
- Add olive oil to stockpot over medium heat.
- Add garlic, onions, and herb de provence , cook stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- Transfer cooked garlic and onions to food processor, add beans, cauliflower, half of broccoli and half of the stock. Process until smooth, adding stock as needed.
- Return mixture to stockpot, stir in coconut milk and bring to a low simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in 3 tablespoons of the nutritional yeast.
- While soup cools slightly, mix together the fried onions and remaining nutritional yeast in a small bowl.
- Transfer soup to serving bowls, sprinkle on onion mixture, serve and enjoy!