I was craving some hummus, but I didn't have any prepared chickpeas, so I used cannellini beans instead.
Traditionally chickpeas are used to make this nutritional snack, but you can use almost any bean.
I didn't want plain and simple, so I added spinach to boost the nutritional value. Another addition was nutritional yeast, for a clean nutty flavor.
That's the great thing about preparing food, you can customize and make it what you want.
I also added a small amount of hot chili paste to add some heat, but not so much heat that I couldn't enjoy. Of course if you are one who likes it really hot, feel free to add more.Print
Spinach Cannellini Hummus
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Spread, Dip
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons, hot chili paste
- 1 teaspoon, Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic seasoning
- sea salt to taste
- Place spinach and garlic cloves into food processor or blender and pulse 4 to 5 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.. Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve with sliced vegetables and/or pita chips.
Have Fun and Enjoy!
This post was shared on Titus 2 Tuesday Link Party.
Karren Haller says
Hi Celeste, I am so making this, my husband does not like "humus" so when I saw this, I had to print.
Pinned as well!!
Would love to have you stop by #OMHGFF this week to visit and share!! Start at 11:00 AM PST Thursday
Have a great weekend!
I hopefully he will enjoy!
BTW what time does your party go live?
Karren Haller says
Hi Celeste, I made the hummus and we love it. I could not find the chili paste so I made my own. My son it tastes refreshing. Im pinning to share!!
My WW party actually starts on Monday at 12:00PM PST.
Please join us and share your recipes!!
Have a great week!
I'm so glad to hear you love the hummus. Thanks for coming back to let me know.
Have a wonderful week.