I was craving some hummus, but I didn't have any prepared chickpeas, so I used cannellini beans instead.
Traditionally chickpeas are used to make this nutritional snack, but you can use almost any bean.
I didn't want plain and simple, so I added spinach to boost the nutritional value. Another addition was nutritional yeast, for a clean nutty flavor.
That's the great thing about preparing food, you can customize and make it what you want.
I also added a small amount of hot chili paste to add some heat, but not so much heat that I couldn't enjoy. Of course if you are one who likes it really hot, feel free to add more.Print
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons, hot chili paste
- 1 teaspoon, Simply Asia Sweet Ginger Garlic seasoning
- sea salt to taste
- Place spinach and garlic cloves into food processor or blender and pulse 4 to 5 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.. Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve with sliced vegetables and/or pita chips.
- Category: Spread, Dip
Have Fun and Enjoy!
This post was shared on Titus 2 Tuesday Link Party.