Recipes I've Pinned, finally making it to my plate-Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
You know how we Pin, Pin, Pin to our Pinterest boards, how many of those recipes do you actually go back and make?
I finally succumbed to the daily nagging from my daughter and made a batch of these Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins. Wow, they're definitely on the "Must Make" list of Pinterest recipes, plus they're easy to make. I pinned them from Texanerin Baking, a blog I've been following for quite some time, check her out.
Not only are they easy, they're quick, moist, tender and egg free, you'll never miss them.
I followed the recipe for the most part, but I did however, omitted the step of dipping the muffin into melted vegan butter before dipping into the cinnamon sugar, just didn't want to add any extra calories. Dipping them in the butter before the sugar will get more sugar on your muffins, but dipping the muffins in the sugar while they are still warm worked for me.
Enjoy them with a glass of almond, cashew or any milk of your choice, a cup of tea or coffee. But let me warn you, it's hard to eat just one or two or three or four.
It's a big hit with my family, I made a second batch using my donut pan (Affiliate Link).
Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 32 1x
Recipe fromTexanerin Baking
- 1 ¾ cups white whole wheat or plain all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unrefined sugar or granulated sugar, for sweeter muffins use ¾ cup
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup applesauce
- ½ cup almond milk, warmed
- ½ cup, melted refined coconut oil or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ⅓ cup melted vegan butter or melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease or spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the first five ingredients.
- In a large bowl mix the applesauce, warm milk, oil and syrup.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mix until there are no dry spots. Over mixing will make your muffins tough.
- Fill the muffin tin almost to the top.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched.
- While the muffins are baking mix together the sugar ans cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- When muffins are done, allow the to cool slightly enough to handle them.
- Turn them out of the pan and roll them in the sugar mixture, coating them completely.
- If you are using the butter or oil, dip them in the butter or oil before rolling them in the sugar.
- Allow to cool completely on serving dish or if you are like me you may want to try a few while they are still warm.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge, that's if you have leftovers.
- Have Fun and Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 Mini Muffin
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 5.8
- Sodium: 53.9
- Fat: 5.9
- Saturated Fat: 2.4
- Carbohydrates: 11.7
- Fiber: 0.5
- Protein: 0.8
- Cholesterol: 0
If you make this please share your experience with a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thewholeserving, I'd love to see your version!
Shared with: Peek Into My Paradise-Tickle My Tastebuds Link Party#59
These look so good!! I will have to try them! Thanks for sharing this!!
Thanks Danielle, I hope you enjoy them as much as we have in my home.
Erin @ Texanerin Baking says
I'm so happy that you enjoyed them! They came out beautifully in the donut pan. Thanks for the shoutout. 🙂
You are so welcome, my daughter and I could eat these everyday, they're that good. Thanks for stopping by.