What a wonderful Thanksgiving week, I’m truly thankful for a shortened work week that allows me a chance to spend time with friends and family. I hope your Thanksgiving was filled with activities and people that make you happy.
Something else I’m thankful for, bargains! Oh boy, there were plenty and I’ve just about completed my holiday gift giving list and becauce some of the people on my list maybe reading, I can’t show you what I purchased.
After a full morning of shopping I was sooo ready for something good to eat. Craving some leftover Cranberry Pear Chutney, this stuff gets better with time, if you haven’t made it yet you have to give it a try. Inspired also by a photo of a Harvest Grilled Cheese sandwich I saw in Williams-Sonoma Thanksgiving guide, I searched the site for the recipe, but couldn’t fine one, so I put together my own version.
I used ingredients I had on hand, romaine instead of arugula what do you know, I used the last of my arugula in my morning smoothie. Cranberry Pear Chutney replaced the cranberry sauce and I used both apples and pears.
I wanted to leave out all of the oil, so I didn’t prepare as you would a traditional grilled cheese, instead I used a toaster oven to melt the cheese, once the cheese was all melted, I assembled the sandwich and dove into its goodness!
It may get a little sloppy, but in my opinion, the sloppier, the better.
Crispy, tart, sweet and creamy~ they all come together in this sandwich beautifully.
If you make this, be sure to tag it #thewholeserving on Instagram or Twitter, I’d love to see!
- 2 slices of hearty country style bread
- 3 .oz Trader Joe’s Light brie cheese, sliced
- 3 to 4 slices of red onions
- 4 to 5 slices of thinly sliced of apple
- 4 to 5 slices of thinly sliced pear
- 2 tablespoons, Cranberry Pear Chutney
- 2 to 3 romaine lettuce leaves, roughly chopped
- fresh cracked black pepper (optional) I love black pepper on my sandwiches
- Place sliced brie on bread slices, and place bread on toaster oven rack.
- Using the toaster setting, heat until brie melts.
- When cheese has melted, remove from oven.
- Asemble with remaining ingredients.
- Dive in and enjoy!!!
- Cuisine: Sandwich
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 386
- Sugar: 17.1
- Sodium: 297
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 0.5
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 38.2
- Fiber: 5.9
- Protein: 23.6
Shared with Tuesday Link Party: Pint Sized Baker-Two Cup Tuesday #100 – Cornerstone Confessions -Titus 2 Tuesday Link Party #132