Simple, easy, full of flavor and ready in minutes. This Kale Mushroom Capellini will satisfy everyone at the dinner table.
Today’s recipe is for all of you who want to get a meal on the table in 30 minutes of less. I’m guessing that might be everyone.
For me pasta is comfort food, easy food and I have almost every variety in my pantry, from whole grain to gluten-free.
After a busy day there is nothing better than sitting down with a big plate of yummy paste that took less than 30 minute to make. There are only a handful of ingredients and it’s not loaded with pasta sauce but full of flavor and of course you can customize the ingredients for you and your family. By the way it makes a great lunch the second day.
Capellini pronounced kapel’li ni, is slightly thicker than angel hair pasta, which is Capelli d’angelo. One of my favorite brands is Delallo because they have a large variety of pastas.
The main ingredients in this pasta are mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and kale, this is where you can customize and exclude or include ingredients that your family enjoys.
Who said getting a tasty dinner on the table had to be tasking. Just grab a box of your favorite pasta and throw together some of your families favorite veggies and before you know it dinner is on the table.
If you are a pesco vegetarian, one who eats poultry and fish, it can easily be added to this dish. Garnish with parmesan or vegan parmesan.
- 12 oz. capellini dried pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 8oz. package of whole crimini mushrooms,sliced (for faster prep you can purchase them sliced, I prefer to slice my own)
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1¼ cup vegetable stock
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3½ to 4 cups chopped kale (you can use spinach)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking chop the onions, mince the garlic, clean and slice the mushrooms, clean and chop kale if needed, I purchased pre cut kale.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute until onions are translucent, about 2 minutes. Add garlic, mushrooms and Italian seasoning to skillet and continue to saute about 1 minute longer.
- Add one cup of the vegetable stock and tomato paste to skillet, whisk to combine, add in the sun-dried tomatoes and kale, reduce heat and simmer 3 to 5 minutes. Kale should be soft and wilted. Add in the remaining vegetable stock.
- Carefully drain pasta and add to the skillet, toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add in the red pepper, toss, garnish.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!