- 2 pounds of yukon gold potatoes
- 2 cups of chopped kale, about two leaves of curly leaf kale
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon stone ground seedy mustard
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- salt and pepper to taste
- coconut bacon for garnishing (optional) recipe here
- If using coconut bacon, prepare and set aside.
- Wash and peel the potatoes using a vegetable peeler. Dice potatoes into 1 to 1 and 1/2 inch size and place in a large bowl of cold water. When all to the potatoes are diced, pour off water and rinse with fresh cold water.
- Place potatoes in a large stockpot and fill with cold water to cover potatoes, about one inch above potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and boil 10 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and strain off water, place potatoes in a large clean bowl.
- If you prefer you can use the boil and peel method, which is to clean and boil unpeeled potatoes until fork-tender and cooked through. Remove from heat and pour off water. After potatoes have cooled enough to handle, remove the skin of the potatoes with your fingers and dice.
- While potatoes are boiling prepare the kale and dressing.
- Wash and remove the kale from the stem, chopped kale to about 1/2 inch pieces. Place kale in a bowl, drizzle the olive oil over the kale and sprinkle with a small amount of sea salt, about 1/8 teaspoon.
- Message the kale with clean hands for about 30 seconds, this make it more palatable.
- In a small bowl mix together the dressing ingredients until well combined.
- Place the kale and dressing in the bowl with the potatoes and gently toss until combined and all of the potatoes are coated.
- Serve immediately allowing guest to sprinkle coconut bacon on their serving or store in the fridge in a covered container until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 3.1
- Sodium: 118
- Fat: 4.3
- Saturated Fat: 0.4
- Carbohydrates: 36
- Fiber: 5.3
- Protein: 5.7
- Cholesterol: 0.2