This recipe was adapted from Simple Vegan Blog, Vegan Cheese Recipe
- 2 cups of diced potatoes, about 3 medium
- 1 cup chopped carrots, about 2 stalks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, the original recipe use lemon
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon, chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup chopped green chiles
- 3/4 cups Roasted Tomatillo & Tomato Salsa
- Boil potatoes and carrots in the same pot until soft, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and carrots, allow to cool slightly.
- Blend potatoes and carrots in blender with the next eight ingredients, until completely smooth.
- Transfer to medium bowl, add in the final two ingredients and stir to combine.
- Taste and add additional salt as needed.
- Serve and enjoy!
- For spiced chips, mix 1/4 teaspoon each, paprika and red pepper and sprinkle over 11 or 12 oz. bag of tortilla chips on a shallow baking pan, heat in a 375 degree oven for 1 minute.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 110
- Sugar: 1.6
- Sodium: 372.8
- Fat: 6.5
- Saturated Fat: 0.9
- Carbohydrates: 9.3
- Fiber: 3.7
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 0