- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- juice of 1 medium lemon, about 3 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons torn or chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or chopped walnuts
- balsamic glaze
- Prepare the farro using the direct or pre-soak method. I used the pre-soak method.
- While farro is cooking wash and prepare the other ingredients.
- When farro is ready, drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add in the strawberries, onions, lemon juice, basil, and nuts, toss together.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon onto serving dish, drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve,
This salad can be served at room temperature or cold from the fridge.
Other salad add-in options:
celery, cranberries, apples, cucumbers, grapes, olives, green onions.
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 234
- Sugar: 6.4
- Sodium: 4.3
- Fat: 10.3
- Saturated Fat: 0.8
- Carbohydrates: 32.5
- Fiber: 5.8
- Protein: 7.6
- Cholesterol: 0