Recipe adapted from Shefaly Ravula and Amee Meghan recipe in Eating Well September/October 2016
- 2 bunches of fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 fresno pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup or natural sugar
- FOR SALAD
- 4 to 5 large heirloom tomatoes
- 3/4 cup sliced mini heirloom tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 1 cup chickpeas
- Wash the cilantro, trim the bottom 2 inches of the stem off, and coarsely chop.
- Place all of the ingredients in the food processor or blender and pulse until everything is well combined. If sauce is too thick add more water by the tablespoon as needed, if too thin add more coarsely chopped cilantro.
- Transfer to a serving dish and set aside.
- Wash and slice tomatoes. Place tomatoes on platter or plate, add the onions and chickpeas.
- Drizzle on the Cilantro Chutney, sprinkle on some Dukkah and serve.