This Three Berry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing is bursting with flavor from not one, not two, but three different berries. It may become one of your summer favorites.
Salad, Salad and more Salad, I’ve been eating lots of it lately. When the weather starts to warm up I crave salad. People underestimate salads, they think salad equals plain and boring. I get it, because most associate salads with being on a diet and we’re so accustomed to just making salads with lettuce and a bunch of veggies. How about loading salad greens with a bunch of fruit every now and then.
The salad I’m sharing today is not your typical salad, it’s loaded with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. And the dressing, oh the dressing is a key part of this salad’s deliciousness. A few weeks ago I had a salad from the local deli and the dressing was an oh-so-delicious poppy seed, this is my version of that dressing. The creaminess of the dressing combined with the sweet fruit and earthy greens is like having a flavor party in the mouth.
Tonya a friend who blogs at Taste of Yummy, please check her out, suggested serving the Avocado Chocolate I shared a few weeks ago on salad, and that’s exactly what I did. Oh my gosh, adding the chocolate takes this salad to a whole new level.
It’s totally optional but I highly recommend giving the Avocado Chocolate a try on this Three Berry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing.
Three Berry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 5 oz. package of mixed salad greens
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 6 oz. package fresh raspberries
- 1 6 oz. package fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- POPPY SEED DRESSING
POPPY SEED DRESSING
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo or mayo of your choice
- 2 tablespoons non-dairy milk or milk of your choice
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon poppy seed
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons of Avocado Chocolate
- non-dairy milk or milk of your choice
- Wash and slice strawberries, wash and place raspberries and blueberries on a paper towel and gently pat dry to remove water.
- Toss lettuce greens and berries together in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the dressing ingredients and mix together the Avocado Chocolate with some milk until it becomes pourable, about 2 to 3 tablespoons.
- Drizzle tossed salad with some of the dressing and chocolate, sprinkle on the almonds and serve immediately.
|Serving Size||2 oz.|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 546kcal Calories from fat 294|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 33g||51%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 15g||60%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
If you make this recipe or a version of it, take a picture and share with me on Instagram, tag it #thewholeserving or leave a comment below. I’d love to see or hear about your version of this Three Berry salad with Poppy Seed Dressing.