A very important step in making this salad is massaging the avocado into the kale to help soften the leaves. If you have little ones this is a step where they can help. Don’t forget to clean those hands first.
Add in the remainder ingredients, mix and you have yourself a most wonderful, tasty power packed Kale salad.
Kale has protein and fiber and is high in beta carotene, vitamin k, c, lutein, zeaxanthin and calcium. Kale like broccoli contains sulforaphane, especially when chopped or minced and sulforaphane is a chemical with strong anti-cancer properties.
Kale and Corn Relish Salad
- 1 bunch lacinato kale or curly kale, chopped
- 1 large avocado
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup red onions, chopped
- 1 cup corn relish (I used Trader Joe's)
- Place washed and chopped kale in a large bowl.
- Slice, peel and dice avocado and squeeze the juice of half a lemon over avocado.
- Transfer avocado to bowl with kale, with clean hands, massage and squeeze avocado into kale until well combined.
- Add in tomatoes, onions and corn relish, mix well.
- Transfer to serving dish and serve with chips of your choice.
- Have fun and Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 891kcal Calories from fat 363|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 40g||62%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 31g||124%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|