Crispy grilled on the outside and tender on the inside, these Grilled Tofu Wraps will blow you away served with a bold sesame mustard dipping sauce.
It’s been a few days since my last post, it’s Back to School, and that’s a super busy time for me at work. But I’m back today with a recipe inspired from a recent shopping trip to Whole Foods Market. I was there picking up ingredients for blog recipes, as I about to leave I decided to get a custom made to order wrap from their sandwich bar.
There weren’t a lot of options for non meat eaters other than veggies, so I chose the grilled tofu. As the sandwich maker built my wrap per my directions, one of the customers waiting their turn made a comment on how good it looked and I have to say, it was beautiful.
This week I grilled some tofu and created an even more delicious version of the wrap I had from Whole Foods, which by the way would make a perfect lunchbox addition or after school snack.
I started with some pressed firm tofu, sliced it.
Marinated the slices in a sesame mustard sauce before grilling on my countertop grill.
I grilled the tofu crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
Piled it high with some of my favorite toppings.
- 2 tablespoons whole grain dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of sesame chili oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave
- 16 oz. block of extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1 pkg. large spinach tortillas
- your favorite veggie toppings, here are a few of mine
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced red onions
- sliced radishes
- baby lettuce mix
- alfalfa sprouts
- In a medium bowl mix together the mustard, tahini, coconut aminos, sesame oils, maple syrup or agave until well combined.
- Slice the pressed tofu into 3 inch long 1 inch thick pieces. Place in a dish and spoon about 4 tablespoons of sauce over tofu, toss to coat all of the tofu, cover the remaining sauce and set aside. While tofu is marinating prepare your favorite veggie toppings and prepare the grill.
- Grill tofu for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place grilled tofu in middle of tortilla and add on the toppings of your choice.
- Drizzle with a bit of the reserved marinade sauce, fold, slice and serve.
- Have fun and enjoy!!!
Served it with a side of dipping sauce and was blown away by the flavor. I think even the meat eaters will love this one.