- VeganTeriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Stir Fry
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 4 cups chopped napa cabbage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz package of extra firm tofu, pressed
- 1 teaspoon asian five spice
- 8 oz. package of crimini whole mushrooms (or mushrooms of your choice)
- 1 medium carrot julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- flatbread of your choice (optional)
- 2 scallions(green onions) chopped
- toasted sesame oil (optional)
- Place all of the teriyaki ingredients in a small saucepan, whisk to combine.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, when it comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and continue to boil five more minutes, stirring occasionally. After five minutes sauce should coat the back of a spoon. Transfer to a bowl cover and set aside. Sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Dice the tofu into 1 inch cubes, place in a shallow dish, toss with asian five spice and set aside.
- Wash and slice the mushrooms and wash a chop the scallions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat, when oil is shimmering add tofu to the pan and saute 3 to 4 minutes. Add in 1 tablespoon of the teriyaki sauce and toss to coat and saute about 1 minute more. Transfer to bowl cover and set aside.
- Add in the final 1 tablespoon of oil and add the mushrooms and saute 1 minute, add in the carrots and minced garlic, saute another minute. Add in 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of the teriyaki sauce toss to coat. Add tofu back to skillet and toss to combine.
- Spoon rice and chopped napa into a bowl, spoon tofu veggie mix on top, garnish with scallions and drizzle with a small amount of toasted sesame oil or serve on top of flatbread.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Leftover sauce will last two weeks stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
*Chicken can be swapped for tofu if you are not a tofu eater.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 6.2
- Sodium: 535.1
- Fat: 9.5
- Saturated Fat: 2.1
- Carbohydrates: 23
- Fiber: 4.5
- Protein: 10.6