- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 cups lightly packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- juice from half a lemon
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Clean and spin basil leaves in a salad spinner or pat dry with paper towel.
- Place pine nuts, garlic, basil, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice in the food processor.
- Process while slowly pouring olive oil through the feed tube.
- Process until mixture is pureed, scraping down sides as needed.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- Use right away or store in refrigerator or spoon into an ice tray and freeze for up to 3 months.
Pine nuts were used, but if you need to make a nut free version hemp seed is the perfect substitute.
- Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 0.3
- Sodium: 0.4
- Fat: 9.9
- Saturated Fat: 1.2
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 2.3
- Fiber: 0.8
- Protein: 2.2
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Vegan Pesto