- 2 cups shredded carrots, I used 2 and 1/2 medium carrots
- 2 cups whole wheat or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- zest of one medium orange, about 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup sparkling water (to replace the egg)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cups oats
- CITRUS GLAZE
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×11 shallow baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Shred the carrots, cover and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine all of the dry ingredients and in another bowl combine all of the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet into the dry and mix until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to the baking pan and spread evenly in pan.
- In a small bowl mix the brown sugar and oats and sprinkle using your fingers over the surface of the batter.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- While the carrot bread is cooling mix together the powdered sugar and orange juice until well combined, it may seen that more liquid is needed, but please don’t add or it will be too thin.
- When bread has cooled, drizzle the glaze over the cake, slice and serve.
Store uneaten bread in an airtight container in the fridge. You can also freeze wrapped bread.
- Serving Size: 2 oz.
- Calories: 301
- Sugar: 26.2
- Sodium: 245.6
- Fat: 7.8
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 55
- Fiber: 5.1
- Protein: 5.2