- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup black lentils
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chiptole in adobe sauce
- 3 cup diced sweet potatoes (about 1-inch in size)
- 1 bag of MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot on medium low, add the onions, celery, and carrots, saute until vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, basil, thyme, oregano and salt, continue to cook until the herbs become fragrant, about 30 to 35 seconds.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, brown sugar, lentils, and chipotle. Stir, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes and MorningStar Farms Grillers Crumbles, continue to cook until lentils and potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Add in more stock as needed if it stew gets to dry.
- Taste and season with more salt as needed before serving.
- Spoon into serving bowls and enjoy!
If you use green lentils add them to the stew when you add in the sweet potatoes to prevent them from becoming to soft.
Serve stew with crusty bread.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 238
- Sugar: 8.7
- Sodium: 420.4
- Fat: 4.3
- Saturated Fat: .5
- Unsaturated Fat: 1
- Carbohydrates: 34.2
- Fiber: 8.4
- Protein: 15.4
- Cholesterol: 0