- 1 1/2 cups soft whole wheat flour
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1/4 cup natural cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup carbonated water
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare muffin pan with paper liner or cooking oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Mix together the water and milk and slowly mix into the dry ingredients. Mix until all dry ingredients are wet.
- Fold in the carrots, pour batter into muffin pan filling almost to the top.
- Bake in center of oven for 25 to 3 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or allow to cool before serving.
- Have fun and enjoy!!!
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 138
- Sugar: 6.5
- Sodium: 161
- Fat: 1.3
- Saturated Fat: 0.5
- Carbohydrates: 28.6
- Fiber: 2.8
- Protein: 3.8
- Cholesterol: 2