- 3 roma tomatoes
- italian seasoning
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- 2 ripe avocados
- juice from 1 lime
- 4 slices whole-grain bread or bread of your choice
- flat leaf parsley for garnish
- balsamic glaze
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pre-het oven to 375 degrees and line a shallow pan with parchment paper.
- Slice tomatoes and place on baking pan.
- Sprinkle with the italian seasoning, sea salt and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Roast the tomatoes 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, cut avocados in half, remove pit, and scoop the flesh into a medium bowl.
- Add the lime juice and mash the avocados with the back of a fork until the desired texture is reached.
- Toast the bread in a toaster or in the oven.
- Spread the avocado mash over the toast, place slices of tomato over the avocado mash, drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with flat leaf parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 1 toast slice
- Calories: 303
- Sugar: 3.8
- Sodium: 690.3
- Fat: 22.7
- Saturated Fat: 3.3
- Carbohydrates: 23.4
- Fiber: 9.7
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 0