This One-Pot Turkey Enchilada Rice is an easy weeknight meal made with ground turkey, enchilada sauce, beans, rice, jalapeños, and green chilies. Serve it with your favorite tortilla chips and toppings of your choice.
2 tablespoons olive
1 lb. ground turkey
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups enchilada sauce
2 cups chicken stock
2/3 cup Basmati rice
1 can 15 oz. pinto beans
1 can 4.5 oz chopped green chiles
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Brown turkey and add spices: Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. When oil shimmers, add the ground turkey and sauté using the back of spoon to crumble the turkey as it cooks. When turkey is browned add the garlic, dried oregano, paprika, cumin, chili powder, and salt, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2. Stir in enchilada sauce and stock: Add enchilada sauce and chicken stock to the pot, stir to combine, and bring to a boil. When it comes to a boil stir in rice. Cover with lid and turn heat to low, stirring occasionally. Continue to cook for 15 minutes.
3. Add beans and green chilies: Add beans and chopped green chilies to the pot, stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes more.
4. Stir in cilantro: Remove the pot from the burner and stir in chopped fresh cilantro.
5. Serve: Spoon onto a plate or bowl, garnish with toppings of your choice and serve.
OXO Good Grips Soft- Handled Garlic PressBuy Now →
Zwilling Fresh Save Food Storage SystemBuy Now →
STAUB Cast Iron Chistera, GrenadineBuy Now →
- You can substitute ground chicken, beef or simply leave the meat out for the ground turkey.
- Vegetable stock can be used instead of chicken stock.
- Black beans can be substituted for the pink beans.
- Long grain rice can be used instead of basmati rice.
Keywords: one-pot meal, mexican, enchilada rice, easy dinner, turkey dinner,