- 3 cups pasta sauce
- 3 1/2 cups water or more if needed
- Dash of sea salt
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 pound of pasta of your choice
- 1 15 oz. can of northern beans
- dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 ounces of burrata cheese
- extra basil of garnishing
- In a large pot add your sauce, water, salt, garlic, Italian seasoning, chopped basil and pasta.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once boiling reduce heat cover and simmer stirring occasionally. As water is absorbed check pasta, add in more water as needed to prevent pasta from sticking and provide enough liquid for pasta to be cooked to al dente.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed and add the red pepper flakes.
- When pasta is almost done stir in the northern beans. Slice the burrata and place cut side down on top of pasta, allow cheese to heat and melt, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle on fresh chopped basil, serve immediately.