Optional toppings Vegan – Nutritional Yeast or Vegan Cheese Vegetarian – Parmesan Cheese
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups chopped leeks
- 1 lb gold potatoes cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 1/4 cup almond or cashew milk or dairy milk for non-vegans
- 2 cans of 15 oz Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon herbs de provence
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chopped kale
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a rolling boil.
- Add cauliflower, 1 cup of the leeks, onions and all but 1 and 1/2 cups of the potatoes, return to a boil and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until cauliflower and potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove everything from pot using a slotted spoon and allow to cool slightly and pour water from pot.
- Place ingredients in food processor or blender with garlic and process until smooth while adding the vegetable stock.
- Pour mixture back into stock pot, add the milk, beans, rosemary, herbs de provence, a dash of salt and pepper and cook on med-low for 10 to 12 minutes. Add in kale and remaining leeks, potatoes and onions, cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Top soup with topping of your choice
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 1/4cup
- Calories: 286
- Sugar: 4.1
- Sodium: 284.8
- Fat: 6.6
- Saturated Fat: 0.6
- Carbohydrates: 45.2
- Fiber: 11.4
- Protein: 15.8
- Cholesterol: 0