- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 5 ounces grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 6 to 7 3 inch thyme stems, stripped and finely chopped
- olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 15 ounce can of chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and dried
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Israeli Couscous
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 lemon
- 2/3 cups feta
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes on a shallow baking pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper, toss to coat.
- On another shallow baking pan toss the chickpeas with a drizzle of olive oil, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place both pans in the oven, place potatoes in the middle and the chickpeas on the top rack. Roast 20 minutes. Halfway through add the sliced tomatoes to the potatoes and toss. Also, toss the chickpeas. While the chickpeas are roasting they may start to pop.
- While veggies and chickpeas are roasting, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pan, saute garlic until fragrant, add couscous and remaining thyme and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing until couscous is lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the vegetable stock, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook another 10 to 12 minutes or until couscous is al dente.
- While couscous is cooking place kale into a large bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, juice of half a lemon and sprinkle with sea salt. Toss and massage kale between fingers until well coated, set aside.
- Remove couscous pan from heat. Add half of the veggies and half of the feta, a squeeze of half the lemon and toss to combine.
- Add couscous mixture to the kale, toss, add remaining veggies and all of the chickpeas.
- Plate salad and sprinkle with scallions and remaining feta. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and squeeze on fresh lemon juice, enjoy!
- Calories: 545kcal
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 809mg
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 78g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 21g
- Cholesterol: 22mg