- pie pumpkin
- Wash the skin of pumpkin.
- Slice using a large knife, place face dow on a parchment lined baking pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until you can easily pierce with a fork.
- Allow to cool a bit before peeling the skin from the flesh. If unable to peel, simply scoop the flesh out.
- Blend until completely smooth in a blender.
- Drain puree over a cheesecloth or flour sack cloth for several hours or overnight.
- Use immediately or place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.