- 12 to15 fresh figs, stemmed and quartered
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- juice of one fresh squeezed lemon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon dried mint leaves or 2 teaspoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Place all ingredients in a large saucepan, stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until mixture starts to thicken. Add in extra water one tablespoon at a time as needed to prevent sauce from sticking to bottom of pan.
- When mixture has thickened, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. If you desire a smoother jam, as I do, transfer to a blender or food processor and pulse to the desired texture.
- Store jam in air tight container in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 51
- Sugar: 11.4
- Sodium: 8.1
- Fat: 0.1
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 13.1
- Fiber: 1.1
- Protein: 0.3
- Cholesterol: 0