- 1 to 2 heads of cauliflower, 2 for serving four or more
- DIPPING BATTER
- 3/4 cup hemp or plain almond milk
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast, non vegans can use parmesan
- 2 cups whole wheat panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup spice blend from above
- SERVING SAUCE
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo, regular for non vegans
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, spray a baking rack with non-stick cooking spray and place rack onto a shallow cookie sheet, set aside.
- Wash and slice the cauliflower.
- Blend milk, hemp seeds and nutritional or parmesan in a blender until smooth, transfer to a container with deep sides.
- Mix together panko crumbs and spice blend and place into another deep sided dish.
- Dip the cauliflower into the batter and cover both sides, dip into the crumbs and place on prepared baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until fork tender.
- Serve as a main with a salad, rice or pasta.
- Serving Size: 1 steak
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 3.3
- Sodium: 248.4
- Fat: 6.9
- Saturated Fat: 0.5
- Carbohydrates: 20.2
- Fiber: 6.3
- Protein: 11.9
- Cholesterol: 0