- 2 jalapeño peppers, rough chopped
- 2 bundles of fresh cilantro, washed and dried
- juice of 1 medium lime
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- Cauliflower-Chickpea Filling
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons of Spicy Cilantro Sauce
- Shell and Toppings
- your choice of flour or corn tortillas
- shredded red cabbage and greens or topping of your choice
- lime wedges (optional)
- vegan sour cream (optional)
1.Place peppers, cilantro and lime juice into a bowl of food processor or high-speed blender and process. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream.
2.Season with salt to taste, set aside.
3.Place cauliflower and chickpeas in a large bowl, add 2 tablespoons of spicy cilantro sauce and toss to coat. Transfer to a shallow baking pan and spread evenly.
4.Place in pre-heated oven and bake until cauliflower is fork tender, about 25 to 20 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking.
5.While cauliflower-chickpea mixture is cooking, wrap tortillas in foil and warm in the oven.
6.To assemble, layer cauliflower-chickpea mixture on your tortillas, follow with cilantro sauce, and toppings of your choice. Serve with a wedge of lime and a bit of The Best Vegan Sour Cream.
- Calories: 159kcal
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 152mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0