- 4 cups julienne butternut squash
- 2 bundles of collards or greens of your choice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- dash of sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- water as needed
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Weber Roasted Garlic Seasoning (optional)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Wash the skin of the squash.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the outer skin from the squash. Next use a julienne peeler to cut squash into julienne slices. About half of the squash will yield 4 cups, you can save to rest for later use. If you don't have a julienne peeler, peel using vegetable peeler and cut strips into julienne slices or just chop the strips into smaller pieces. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Wash greens thoroughly.
- Lay greens flat on cutting board, use a sharp knife to cut along the spine of each side of the collard to remove the stem, cutting the collard into two pieces.
- Stack leaves and roll stack lengthwise and cut each roll into 1 inch pieces. You will now have long ribbons. If yo like you can cut the strips into smaller pieces. You will have to do several stack at a time.
- Place the greens in a large bowl and set aside
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and saute squash until it starts to soften, about a minute or so.
- Season with the nutmeg and clove and continue to saute another 2 to 3 minutes. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time if pan get to dry and it starts to stick. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return skillet to burner and pour the remaining olive oil into skillet and saute greens until they start to soften.
- Add squash back to skillet and continue to cook for another 3 minutes or more. If pan gets to dry add in more water one tablespoon at a time.
- Season with Weber Roasted Garlic Seasoning or just season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and add in the cranberries, transfer to serving dish.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 6.6
- Sodium: 36.4
- Fat: 4.9
- Saturated Fat: 0.7
- Carbohydrates: 18.4
- Fiber: 3.4
- Protein: 1.7
- Cholesterol: 0