- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- sliced watermelon
- fresh blueberries for garnishing
- Place washed blueberries in a medium saucepan along the the water and syrup and bring to a boil and reduce to medium low.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. When blueberries burst and sauce has reduced by half, it should coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- To separate the fruit from the sauce pour over a fine mesh strainer. For a thicker sauce place in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve sauce over the sliced watermelon with fresh blueberries.