Adapted form Vegan Yumminess Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup almond nut butter
- 1/4 cup vegan butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup all natural cane sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 tablespoon applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first nine ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, until well combined.
- Add in the flour and salt, mix until the mixture comes together.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of the almond milk to soften the mixture, then add in the chocolate chips and almonds.
- Add in the final tablespoon of almond milk, only if needed to soften the dough after the addition of the chips and almonds. (I used 3 tablespoons).
- Scoop out dough using a small melon baller, roll into a ball in your palm, place on parchment lined cookie sheet and flatten slightly with your fingers.
- Bake cookies 10 minutes, allow to cool slightly before serving. If you have any leftovers, store in an airtight container.
- Have Fun and Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 151
- Sugar: 10.3
- Sodium: 52.1
- Fat: 10.6
- Saturated Fat: 6.8
- Carbohydrates: 14.2
- Fiber: 0.7
- Protein: 1.1
- Cholesterol: 15.3