- 1 cup whole dry roasted almonds
- 12 pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- almond butter, about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons
- apple slices
- agave nectar, about 2 to 3 teaspoons
- Pre-heat oven or toaster oven to 375 degrees. While the oven is warming place almonds in food processor and process into medium sized pieces, add the dates and cinnamon and process until mixture starts to come together. Transfer to a storage container, set aside.
- Spread sliced bread with almond butter, sprinkle almond and date mixture over almond butter.
- Place sliced apples over almond and date mixture and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Toast 8 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with more almond and date mixture and drizzle with agave and serve.
You will have some almond and date mixture leftover, store in an airtight container in your fridge. You can use it to sprinkle over hot breakfast cereal, yogurt or fruit.
- Serving Size: 1 toast
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 31
- Sodium: 86.9
- Fat: 11.4
- Saturated Fat: 0.9
- Carbohydrates: 39.2
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 5.3